Monday, November 12, 2018

Missing my mush

    So when Brandon said he was going to have me carb cycle for the last 2 weeks of the challenge I envisioned eating carbs on a bike. (cupcakes! LOL) No. Not even close. So carb cycling is basically doing zero carbs every other day or cycling carbs throughout your meal plan. He said he was going to make changes to the meal plan to accommodate this. At first I was a little panicked. HOW am I going to get through the day without any carbs?? Even if it is every other day, it sounded like a difficult task. I was, quite frankly, scared. I don't eat that many carbs right now to begin with; sweet potatoes, sprouted grain bread and rice. And I look forward to those carbs in each meal. I was having a hard time envisioning a day with NO carbs.
Brandon's Morning/Midnight Mush

    So last weekend Brandon gave me my new meal plan. Carb days would remain the same meals as the old meal plan. NO carb days were a bit different and included things like sauerkraut and fermented beets for their probiotic aspects. (I've never eaten a beat in my life.) I told Brandon, "I don't do beets." And he told me to get over it. The plan for NO carb days also eliminated fruit and fruit juice AND my midnight mush!! Oh no he didn't!! NO MUSH?? I look forward to my mush every night; plain Greek yogurt, scoop protein powder (I've used chocolate or vanilla) cinnamon, hemp hearts and blueberries. Referred to as Brandon's Morning/Midnight Mush (depending on where it is in your meal plan.) It has been my evening snack and little bit of sweetness every night. But for 2 weeks I would be missing my mush every other night.

    Well, here I am a week later and I have to say that Carb Cycling was a bitch the first few days but I think I've got it now. After two NO carb days in the cycle I found that I felt hungry shortly after every meal. When I told Brandon he said it was because my metabolism was up. And I found that after day five I wasn't feeling that hunger as much. In fact, I am enjoying the variety in changing it up every other day. I actually look forward to the NO CARB meals. Still can't get used to eating eggs instead of mush on NO carb days at bedtime. Carb Cycling is not something I would have been able to do 6 months ago. It's not something you should just jump into. I'm so glad Brandon has been guiding me through this whole process of learning about nutrition and how the body works. If Brandon had handed me the Carb Cycling meal plan back in June I would have given up on the first NO carb day. But by slowly introducing cleaner foods into my diet and eliminating the bad I have acclimated myself to a better way of eating. This slow transition made Carb Cycling so much easier.

     Things I've learned: 1. I DO like beets and actually look forward to them in my meals. 2. Doing Carb Cycling was not as difficult as I thought it would be. 3. I will always look forward to my mush on carb days and miss it on NO carb days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. I hope that what you read helps inspire you in some way! Have a great day!

Follow me on IG:
triciaannleibig.liveyourbest
www.triciaannleibig.com

Sometimes we just need a break to deal with our shit

    I recently decided to take a break from social media and the stress associated with it. It wasn't something I consciously decided. B...